Romance has got to be one of the most fun and least executed activities in many relationships. With all the distractions we have in our busy lives, it seems many couples never find the time to be romantic, and that can lead to love’s demise. Romance is about getting closer, and there is a big difference between sex and romance. In most relationships, if you want the former to be great, you have to fully engage in the latter. Romance needs to be a constant in your universe. Being romantic is not much work, and savoring romantic moments will actually strengthen your bond.
There are some wonderful books on romance, like Laura Corn's "101 Nights of Grrreat Romance," which has separate sections for his eyes only and for her eyes only. There's also "1001 Ways to Be Romantic" by Greg Godek, which has lots of little things you can do to make your partner feel wonderful and be inspired to return the favor. Getting tips from a book is good, but having a loving conversation with your mate about what it is that turns he or she on is really the best way to make your relationship romantically enduring.
Orchestrating hot, steamy, or magical moments in your relationship is something that everyone thinks about…but not everyone does. This is because some people don’t know how to be romantic, there’s disconnect between them and their partner, or the interaction is superficial.
Through reading Psychology Today, I came across 10 ways that one could create magical moments in their relationship:
1. Make your morning time special by bringing your partner a cup of coffee while he or she is still in bed.
2. Make the time at the end of the work-day, when you first see one another, extra special by giving each other a 10 second hug and kiss.
3. Make time to make-time.
4. Whenever you can, take the time to give your partner 100% of your attention when they want to talk to you.
5. Take the time to tell your partner that they look wonderful, beautiful, sexy or great.
6. Before you leave in the morning tell your partner that you are looking forward to seeing them when you return.
7. Next time you are shopping alone, get a couple of little "surprise gifts" for your partner.
8. If your partner is having a rough day offer to take them out or make dinner for them.
9. Be spontaneous and rent a convertible and kidnap your partner for a drive up the coast for lunch or dinner.
10. Get your partner two or more roses. Take one of them and pull off the petals. Drop the petals on the floor leading to the bedroom and place several petals on the bed.
Every couple should integrate special times together that involve activities that are different than what a couple normally does together. Whether your “date night” destination is the couch and Netflix or sushi before heading to a club for some dub step, as long as you’re doing something you both enjoy and is something you don’t usually do, you can inject a little excitement and shared pleasure into the evening.
Being able to talk openly about sexual needs and preferences is essential to enjoying a fulfilling sexual relationship. Telling your partner what you need greatly improves the odds that you’ll get what you want. Allowing resentment, frustration, or disappointment to build up is the surest way to keep the fires of passion dampened. Sex is kind of like your favorite food – if you pretend you love curry chicken, but you’re a pescatarian or closet vegetarian, you’re only doing yourself out of what you’d enjoy a whole lot more than what you’re pretending you like.
Romance is one of the most crucial elements to happiness in relationships. Many partners do not really know what romance is or how to implement it. Understanding why romance is so crucial is a necessary first step to those interested in rekindling love. Romance needs to be a normal and necessary part of our lives. And the truth is there are no secrets to romance – you need to know what works for your partner; what makes them happy and apply them as often as you can to sweeten your relationship. Sustaining a marriage demands work, cooperation, and commitment.
When creating romantic moments with your boo thang or significant other. Be natural and be you. It’s ok to step outside of your comfort zone but still be true to the essence of who you are. Romantic moments are great as hell when they are spontaneous….but consistency is very much key. If you were highly romantic when you were pursuing someone, you need to do double to keep them. Unforgettable romantic moments have the following key aspects to them: bonding, fun, humor, nostalgia, intimacy, adventure, respect, appreciation, and passion.